This Legal Notice sets out important information about www.ehdm.eu (“Website” or “Site”). Please read it carefully as it affects your rights and liabilities under the law. If you do not agree with the Legal Notice, please leave the Website immediately and do not proceed to use or register to access the Toolkit area and any materials found on this Website (including any training modules) on the Website. If you have any questions about this Legal Notice, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Website is owned and operated by the European House of Design Management (EHDM), a consortium of the members identified below and co-funded by the European Commission for the purpose of transfering knowledge on design management from the private to the public sector.
- Design Business Association registered in United Kingdom with number 2471955.and whose registered office is at 35-39 Old Street, London EC1V 9HX
- Estonian Association of Designers registered in Estonia with number 80010350 and whose registered office is at Kalasadama 8, Tallinn 10145
- Danish Designers registered in Denmark with number 1001955738 and whose registered office is at Vesterbrogade 26, 2610 Copenhagen V
- Umbria Trade Agency registered in Italy with number 02156340545 and whose registered office is at Via Cacciatori delle Apli, 42, 06121 Perugia
- Innovhub – Stazioni Sperimentali per l’industria (ISSI) registered in Italy with number 1798570 and whose registered office is at Via Meravigli 9/B, 20133 Milan
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com.
Use of Website
This Website is provided to you for your personal use subject to this Legal Notice. By using the Website you confirm you understand and agree to be bound by this Legal Notice.
We may update this Legal Notice from time to time for legal or regulatory reasons or to allow the proper operation of the Website. Any changes will be notified via a suitable announcement on the Website. The changes will apply to the use of the Website after we have given notice. If you do not wish to accept the new Legal Notice you should not continue to use the Website. If you continue to use the Website after the date on which the change comes into effect, your use of the Website indicates your agreement to be bound by the new Legal Notice.
The content of the Website is protected by copyright, trade marks, database right and other intellectual property rights belonging to the members of the EHDM consortium unless the contrary is indicated. You may retrieve and display the content on the Website on a computer screen, store such content in electronic form on disk (but not on a server or other storage device connected to a network) or print one copy of such content for your own use, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. You may not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy or distribute any of the materials or content on the Website without written permission from EHDM.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Availability of the Website
We cannot promise that the Website will be fault-free. If a fault occurs with the Website you should report it to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will attempt to correct the fault as soon as we can. Your access to the Website may be occasionally restricted to allow for repairs, maintenance or the introduction of new content. We will attempt to restore access as soon as we reasonably can.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. We require you to give us information about you by filling in a form on our Site ehdm.eu/register/?action=register (our site) in order access the Toolkit. The information you give us may include your name, e-mail address, company and job title. We may also ask you to complete an assessment to help us improve your enjoyment of the Site.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including details of the pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
The cookies we use are “analytical” and “functionality” cookies.
- Analytical cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you and remember your preferences.
You may block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies you may not be able to access parts of our site.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Site safe and secure.
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of the European House of Design Management (EHDM).
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them in relation to the Site.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If any new member joins EHDM
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any terms for the use of the Site. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If appropriate you can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at email@example.com.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, contributors and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the policies on such websites. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you and/or in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice
The Website provides content from other internet Sites or resources and while the we try to ensure that material included on the Website is correct, reputable and of high quality, it does not make any warranties or guarantees in relation to that content. If we are informed of any inaccuracies in the material on the Website we will attempt to correct the inaccuracies as soon as we reasonably can.
If we are in breach of this Legal Notice, we will only be responsible for any losses that you suffer as a result and to the extent that they are a foreseeable consequence of both of us at the time you use the Website. Our liability shall not in any event include business losses such as lost data, loss of opportunity, lost profits or business interruption.
This clause shall not limit or affect our liability if something we do negligently causes death or personal injury.
This Legal Notice will be subject to the laws of England and Wales. If you want to take court proceedings, you must do so within the United Kingdom.
We make no promise that the materials on the Website are appropriate or available for use in any specific locations, and accessing the Website from territories where its contents are illegal or unlawful is prohibited. If you choose to access the Website from outside of the European Union, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws.